Communiqué de presse
Workday dévoile l'application Workday Time Tracking visant à renouveler la gestion du temps et des activités dans l'entreprise (anglais)
PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 21, 2012) - Workday, Inc., the leader in enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance, today announced Workday 17, which includes Workday Time Tracking, a new global time and attendance application. The latest update also delivers greater mobile access and simplified user experiences across Workday Human Capital Management, Financial Management, and Payroll.
A New Time and Attendance Application
Traditionally, companies input time manually requiring workers to spend hours on data entry, which leads to inaccuracies in payroll, poor visibility across the organization, higher compliance risks, and greater operational expense. With Workday Time Tracking, enterprises can now use a single application to collect, process, and manage time and labor for their global workforce.
Organizations that have already selected Workday Time Tracking include (workforce numbers are approximate):
- Brown University (higher education, 11,000)
- Cadence Design Systems (manufacturing, 4,900)
- Carnegie Mellon University (higher education, 11,100)
- Life Technologies Corporation (biotechnology, 10,400)
- Plexus Corp. (manufacturing, 9,000)
- Thomson Reuters (media/professional information, 60,000)
Workday will provide customers a new time and attendance application designed to reduce labor costs, minimize organizational risks associated with work rules and labor laws, and increase worker productivity. With Workday Time Tracking, customers will gain:
- Consumer-driven user interface: Designed with the end-user in mind, the intuitive application will allow workers to easily record and manage their hours worked via a calendar interface, saving time and ultimately increasing productivity.
- Simply unified: Workday Time Tracking works seamlessly with all other Workday applications, providing a single global platform for workforce management.
- Complete automation: A real-time calculation engine delivers critical data, such as overtime, before payroll is run for easier management. Customers also benefit from automation of workforce management processes by giving managers the ability to quickly view and approve time entry requests as well as identify and resolve issues with little effort from any location.
Workday Time Tracking is a new add-on application sold separately.
Greater Mobile Access
Businesses increasingly demand more mobile capabilities out of their enterprise applications. Workday 17 builds on Workday's unique approach to creating consumer-like mobile experiences optimized for the business user. In this latest release, users will gain more access to employee and workforce data, delivered through an enhanced user interface on both the iPhone® and iPad® as well as HTML5 for mobile Web. Additional mobile features in Workday 17 include:
- Employee timeline on the iPad gives managers and employees a rich, visual representation of changes and events in an employee's history, such as performance, awards, and job changes.
- Mobile payslips enable workers to access their pay information on their iPhone or iPad using a simple user interface.
More Simplified User Experiences
Workday 17 delivers a user experience that is more simplified with new features for Workday HCM, Financial Management, Payroll, and Expenses. The streamlined user experience empowers workers at all levels to easily access information, participate in business processes, and collaborate across the enterprise.
- Workday HCM: Workday 17 delivers a dramatically improved user experience, starting with a simplified user interface that's engaging, intuitive and easy to navigate. With the enhanced interface, managers can take greater charge of their workforce and more easily process job changes, conduct performance reviews, and manage time-off requests with less HR support required.
- Workday Financial Management: Workday 17 further extends the benefits of built-in business analytics and multi-dimensional reporting by enhancing the display of financial statements and ledger balance reports across any relevant business dimension using Worktags. These enhancements significantly enrich business insights and reporting and empower the organization through better visibility and data accessibility.
- Workday Payroll: Workday continues to streamline administrative tasks for payroll managers by adding enhancements to Workday 17, including common pay agents for tax reporting and tip calculation and reporting.
- Workday Expenses: Workday 17 comes with several new features for Expenses designed to simplify data entry and allow users to more easily and accurately create expense reports. With additional mobile functionality, users can capture and approve expenses on the go from any Web-enabled device.
Workday 17 is available to customers, free of charge, as part of their regular subscriptions.
Comments on the News
"Thomson Reuters relies on the expertise of 60,000 talented employees based in over 100 countries to provide our global customers with cross-functional insights and understanding that transcends industries, platforms and borders," said Sue Laskey-Myers, senior vice president of global HR solutions and service delivery, Thomson Reuters. "Workday understood the tremendous value of simplifying time and attendance tracking for our global managers, actively engaged with us as a design partner, and delivered a superior solution."
"Workday 17 exemplifies Workday's ongoing commitment to innovate and design products from the end user's perspective," said Tina Jones, senior vice president of global human resources, Cadence Design Systems. "We are excited to see Time Tracking capabilities delivered in Workday 17 and look forward to enhanced capabilities and innovation in future releases."
"We were able to deploy Workday Time Tracking within a matter of weeks, and we are continually impressed with how flexible and agile Workday can be for us," said Karen Davis, vice president of human resources, Brown University. "We already see how Time Tracking automates key processes and helps us manage the complexity of laws and regulations such as compliance with FLSA."
"We continue to reinvent enterprise applications, because our customers ask for solutions that are global, unified with their other business applications, and deliver a consumer-driven experience in the workplace," said Leighanne Levensaler, vice president of product strategy, Workday. "With Workday Time Tracking, we are removing complexity and increasing productivity, and that's adding tangible value to our customers' businesses."
Workday is a leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 310 customers, spanning medium-sized organizations to Fortune 50 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Media Contact Information