Communiqué de presse
Chiquita Brands choisit Workday (anglais)
Workday Passes 25 Customer Milestone Life Time Fitness, CareerBuilder.com, Southwestern Energy Among Key New Customers
WALNUT CREEK, CALIF. – November 27, 2007 – WorkdayTM, Inc., today announced that Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB) is among the more than 25 companies to date that have selected Workday solutions. New customers include CareerBuilder, The Carlyle Group, Life Time Fitness (NYSE:LTM), The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Secure Computing, and Southwestern Energy Company.
Chiquita Brands International, a Fortune 500 company with more than 25,000 employees worldwide and with 2006 revenues of approximately $4.5 billion, conducted an extensive review of human resources solutions from leading providers and selected Workday based on:
- Workday's commitment to focus on the customer;
- The agility to meet the needs of Chiquita's unique global structure;
- The strategic potential of Workday's next-generation ‘Web 2.0' interface and usability;
- The lower cost and long-term simplicity of on-demand architecture; and
- The risk and unpredictable costs inherent with on-premise software projects.
- Workday is currently working with Chiquita to activate and implement Workday Human Capital Management across the organization.
- Workday now has more than 25 customers, including organizations of fewer than 1000 employees and enterprises with 25,000 users or more, replacing both manual systems and on-premise ERP deployments.
"Partnering with Workday complements Chiquita's corporate strategy to build a high-performance organization by providing our human resources organization access to the management solutions that will enable us to focus more on our core competencies and deliver more value to the company," said Kevin Holland, senior vice president and chief people officer for Chiquita Brands International. "We expect this agreement will help us drive cost savings, while allowing us to concentrate on delivering innovative, higher-margin products to our customers and consumers."
"We're off-the-charts excited to welcome Chiquita Brands, one of the world's most recognizable companies, as a Workday customer," said Dave Duffield, Workday CEO and chief customer advocate. "Workday now has more than 25 customers, we've expanded our suite beyond Human Capital Management to include Financials, and we're seeing substantial interest from large enterprises. As we pass the first anniversary of our launch, across the board we're extremely happy with Workday's growth and achievements in 2007."
"Some people have been proclaiming that SaaS is only for small companies, but we're seeing exactly the opposite," Duffield continued. "Large, forward-thinking organizations see the cost benefits and superb customer experience available with on-demand solutions. We're proud to have this fabulous group of new customers joining Workday."
Dave Duffield, Workday CEO and Chief Customer Advocate
Leading Companies Choose Workday
Dynamic, industry-leading companies are selecting Workday solutions to manage their businesses. New Workday customers are listed below, with more detailed profile information available at www.workday.com/our_customers.
- Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB) With annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion, Cincinnati-based Chiquita Brands International, Inc. is a leading international marketer and distributor of high-quality fresh and value-added food products-from energy-rich bananas and other fruits to nutritious blends of convenient salads and greens. The company's products and services are designed to win the hearts and smiles of the world's consumers by helping them enjoy healthy fresh foods. The company markets its products under the Chiquita® and Fresh Express® premium brands and other related trademarks. Chiquita employs approximately 25,000 people operating in more than 70 countries worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.chiquita.com/
- CareerBuilder.com is the nation's largest online job site with more than 22 million unique visitors and over 1.5 million jobs. Owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI), Tribune Company (NYSE:TRB), The McClatchy Company (NYSE:MNI) and Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT), the company offers a vast online and print network to help job seekers connect with employers. CareerBuilder.com powers the career centers for more than 1,100 partners, including 150 newspapers and leading portals such as America Online and MSN. More than 300,000 employers take advantage of CareerBuilder.com's easy job postings, 23 million-plus resumes, Diversity Channel and more. CareerBuilder.com and its subsidiaries operate in the U.S., Europe, Canada and Asia. For more information, visit http://www.careerbuilder.com/
- The Carlyle Group is one of the world's largest private equity firms, with more than $75.6 billion under management. The company has more than 500 investment professionals operating out of offices in 21 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East/North Africa and Latin America. http://www.carlyle.com/
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services.
- Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:LTM) operates distinctive and large sports and athletic, professional fitness, family recreation and resort/spa centers. As of October 11, 2007 the Company operated 68 centers in 15 states. http://www.lifetimefitness.com/
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: MLNM) is a leading biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, Mass. Millennium markets a novel cancer product and has a robust clinical development pipeline of product candidates. http://www.millennium.com/
- Secure Computing Corporation, (NASDAQ:SCUR) a leading provider of enterprise gateway security, delivers a comprehensive set of solutions that help customers protect their critical Web, email and network assets. http://www.securecomputing.com/
- Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) is primarily focused on natural gas and engaged in the exploration and production of natural gas and crude oil, natural gas gathering, marketing, and distribution. http://www.swn.com/
Workday is the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources and financial management, providing new levels of business agility for a fraction of the cost of buying, deploying and maintaining legacy on-premise systems. More than 100 customers, spanning mid-sized organizations to global Fortune 500 businesses, have selected Workday. Workday Human Capital Management and Workday Financial Management use modern, standards-based technologies to provide an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability. For more information about Workday, please visit www.workday.com.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
+44 (0) 7568 377476