Unilever Selects Workday for HR in the Cloud
PLEASANTON, CALIF. and LONDON — Nov. 3, 2014 — Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that Unilever, one of the world’s leading fast-moving consumer goods companies, has selected Workday Human Capital Management (HCM).
With Workday, Unilever will move its HR operations to the cloud, creating a flexible technology foundation that is agile, fast, and designed to deliver real-time analytics about its workforce.
Employing over 174,000 people in 90 countries, Unilever has more than 400 brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Ben & Jerry’s, and Axe.
Workday HCM will enable Unilever to:
- Standardise business processes globally, streamlining operations and reducing complexity to increase efficiencies and productivity throughout the business.
- Configure HR processes in minutes, such as approval flows or organisational structures, and easily change them when needed.
- Empower its people with self-service to perform transactions, access information, and take action on any mobile device.
- Access real-time actionable analytics that can help drive hiring and sourcing decisions, such as cost, current and project capacity, and capability gaps across different geographies and business structures.
- Gain deeper insights into its workforce that will enable managers to better measure performance, recognise top talent, and align skill sets with roles.
- Leverage continuous innovation from Workday’s development on a single code line delivered in the cloud.
Comment on the News
“With Workday, Unilever will have an HR system that is built for the future – agile, fast, and able to provide real-time analytics into its global workforce. With this foundation, Unilever can easily adapt to business change and access insights that can help drive decision-making,” said Chano Fernandez, president EMEA, Workday. “Workday HCM will also empower Unilever’s workforce in new and exciting ways, enabling them to perform tasks and access information from anywhere, at any time, changing the way they work.”
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Hundreds of organisations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday’s offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 31, 2014 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2014. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
+44 (0) 7568 377476