Workday Continues European Growth; Announces New Customer Deployments
PLEASANTON, CALIF. and LONDON — July 11, 2013 — Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance, today announced it continues to expand its business across Europe with new customers and deployments.
New customers headquartered in Europe that are now live on Workday include:
- Christie’s International, an international art sales and auction house headquartered in London, uses Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) in 32 countries around the world.
- Environmental Resources Management (ERM), a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services, and sustainability-related services headquartered in London, uses Workday HCM in more than 140 offices located across 39 countries and territories.
- IMC, a global financial organisation headquartered in the Netherlands, uses Workday HCM, Workday Financial Management, and Workday Procurement in the Netherlands, United States, Australia, Hong Kong, and Switzerland.
- King, a worldwide leader in casual social games headquartered in London, uses Workday HCM in seven countries around the world.
- Spotify, a digital music service that gives on-demand access to more than 20 million tracks, uses Workday HCM in nine countries.
With Workday HCM, these customers benefit from real-time access to analytics and reports that empower their business leaders with the right insights at the right time. Managers and employees can both gain instant access across smartphones and tablets to easily find the right data and built-in actions appropriate for their work and needs. Additionally, a simple user interface makes the entire application easy to use, resulting in less time spent on administrative tasks and more time spent on efforts that move their businesses forward. Workday HCM also brings global workforce management into one system of record to streamline planning, hiring, and analysis for all workers within the business.
IMC also benefits from Workday Financial Management and Workday Procurement unified with Workday HCM to deliver real-time business insights.
With six offices in Europe, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Germany, and dozens of customers, Workday continues to focus on its growth outside of North America. Additionally, Workday has a rapidly growing team in Europe, with more than 250 employees working together to advance the company’s focus and core value on customer service.
Christie’s International, ERM, IMC, King, and Spotify are part of a growing list of companies based in Europe who also selected Workday including:
- Hogan Lovells International LLP, a leading global law firm;
- Travelex, the world’s leading foreign exchange specialists; and
- Xchanging, an international business processing, technology and procurement services provider.
Comments on the News
"Christie’s has unparalleled experience in service and expertise, and it’s critical that we provide that consistently around the world,” said Ken Citron, chief information officer, Christie’s International. “With Workday, we now know that our global staff has the access to the right information they need to stay empowered across the globe.”
“We have long understood the competitive advantage of technology innovation in financial services, and we’ve embraced it as a core aspect of our philosophy,” said Jan Willem Kohne, global head of human resources, IMC. “Workday fits well within our strategy, and by bringing HR and finance together in the cloud, we gain new levels of visibility into our company that help us make faster and smarter business decisions.”
“We see companies across every major sector in Europe rethinking what it takes to be a leader in their respective field and realising that cloud applications can aggressively move their businesses forward,” said Mike Stankey, president and chief operating officer, Workday.
“As we continue to grow in Europe, we look forward to showing more global brands the value of putting HR and finance in the cloud with Workday,” said Andy Leaver, general manager, Europe, Workday.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Financial Management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organisations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2013. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
+44 (0) 7568 377476