Workday Delivers Hyper-personalized Employee Experiences With Solutions to Navigate a Changing Workplace
Workday Help Offers Complete HR Service Delivery With Case Creation and Management for Fast, Thoughtful, and Intuitive Issue Resolution
Workday Journeys Creates Personalized Experiences to Guide Employees Through Moments That Matter
PLEASANTON, Calif., June 24, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Workday Inc. (NASDAQ: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced the availability of Workday Help and Workday Journeys—new solutions that extend the power of Workday People Experience, the company’s latest machine learning-driven employee experience. Workday Help is a comprehensive HR service delivery application that provides more intuitive case management, and Workday Journeys enables organizations to create personalized experiences that guide workers through critical moments and transitions, such as onboarding or becoming a manager. Both products will help employers better engage and support employees while making work more personal and productive for their people.
Concurrently, Workday announced the availability of Workday People Analytics—an augmented analytics application that identifies top workforce risks and opportunities and delivers these insights in easy-to-understand story form. The new solutions complement the entire Workday suite of applications including Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Workday Financial Management, and Workday Adaptive Planning to further help customers—which include more than 65 percent of the Fortune 50—navigate challenges around COVID-19 and returning to the workplace, as well as advance diversity and inclusion (D&I).
New Experiences for New Needs
In a changing world, employee experience is paramount. The COVID-19 pandemic and recent uprising around social injustice have disrupted lives and brought on various challenges around health, wellbeing, and productivity. In times of crisis and uncertainty, organizations need to create an experience that meets newer workforce and workplace expectations—one that fosters confidence, ensures safety and health, and promotes the wellbeing of employees while also providing the tools and technologies they need to get work done.
Workday People Experience, a new employee experience available on desktop and mobile, was intentionally designed to support every person on their individual path, and uses machine learning to provide relevant insights, recommendations, and assistance along the way. Workday People Experience uniquely leverages data in Workday about a person’s role, most-used tasks, tenure, and more, to deliver the information they need and the tasks they need to perform. This allows for more intuitive self-service, empowering employees to get instant answers—from anywhere, at any time—while enabling HR operations teams to focus on more strategic work.
Customers can enhance their employee experience with the following solutions:
- Workday Help. Workday Help is an HR knowledge and case management application that enables employees to get answers to commonly shared questions, and when self-service isn't enough, the ability to connect with an HR help team member to get the support they need. For example, if an employee falls ill or is otherwise negatively impacted by COVID-19, they could first read a knowledge article outlining new leave and benefits policies relevant to their role and geography, while also surfacing their personal benefit elections. If needed, they could open a case to ask specific questions about the leave process, which would then be routed securely and confidentially to the HR team so the organization can track it and assist that person. Uniquely, case solvers have insight into past conversations and contextual information from Workday—greatly reducing the time and effort and therefore cost required for case resolution.
- Workday Journeys. Workday Journeys enables organizations to create personalized experiences that guide their people through transitions and critical moments. HR administrators can quickly and easily curate these experiences—with a low-code approach—using data from Workday and other enterprise applications, then target recipients based on their location, job, or management level. Workday Journeys supports customers in creating a wide range of employee experiences for crisis response, onboarding, job transition, health and wellbeing, D&I, and more. For example, organizations could craft a journey for managers that guides them on how to build more diverse and connected teams. This could include tasks in Workday or connected systems across the enterprise—such as a training course, a knowledge article with tips on interviewing without bias, and a learning video on how to foster inclusivity.
“Employees want and deserve experiences that are individually tailored for them and cut the steps from question to answer. A connected digital experience fuels engagement and alignment at work—and it’s more important than ever in times like this,” said Pete Schlampp, executive vice president, product development, Workday. “Weaving machine learning into Workday’s underlying platform enables these hyper-personalized experiences for intuitive HR case management and self-service guidance in moments that matter, to empower people in their work and ultimately, drive productivity that will help accelerate business growth.”
For additional perspective:
- Watch this: Workday People Experience demo
- Read the blog “Focusing on People to Make Companies Stronger Than Ever” authored by Pete Schlampp, executive vice president, product development, Workday
- Check out the following Workday resources on Returning to Workplace and COVID-19
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, planning, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday’s offerings. The words “believe,” “may,” “will,” “estimate,” “continue,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “expect,” “seek,” “plan,” “project,” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2020 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website, or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features, and functions that are currently available.
© 2020 Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at