The University of Rochester Selects Workday Financial Management
PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 5, 2012) - Workday, Inc. (
Workday will provide the University of Rochester with a full range of financial management capabilities, analytics, real-time business insights, and fully auditable process management, uniquely designed for the needs of higher education and delivered in the cloud. With Workday Financial Management, customers gain:
- New levels of operational efficiency through a unified financial and accounting core, and the ability to dramatically simplify the chart of accounts, reducing administrative maintenance, while maintaining rich, multi-dimensional business visibility.
- Real-time visibility into the financial and operational performance of the organization through business-event driven analytics, arming managers with relevant information they need to make better decisions.
- Built-in budgetary controls, auditing, and configurable workflows to facilitate governance and compliance across the organization and to cost-effectively adapt to changing regulatory and organizational requirements.
Like the hundreds of other Workday customers, the University of Rochester will benefit from Workday's cloud delivery model, which includes the following key features as part of its regular subscription:
- Release of updates to its customers three times a year, ensuring customers are current on the latest application and technology innovations.
- An intuitive interface and user experience that increases engagement and creates more efficiency in the finance organization.
- Access to critical organizational information, analytics and reports through Workday's innovative mobile solutions.
Comments on the News
"We needed a solution to help support the finance and accounting needs of a leading research, academic, and clinical care organization," said John Barden, associate chief information officer, University of Rochester. "We expect to evolve the product together with Workday to meet our needs."
"With the Workday solution, we were able to 'leap-frog' over existing technologies to a more cost-effective solution for us," said Doug Wylie, University of Rochester controller.
"The most important thing Workday can do is help the University of Rochester continue to put its critical resources and energy into its nationally recognized curriculum, medical center and research, rather than managing the back office," said Dave Duffield, Workday co-founder and co-CEO. "By taking this big leap forward from a legacy financial system, the University of Rochester will immediately have real-time operational insights and strong financial controls that are vital in the rapidly changing fields of higher education and medicine."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers Human Capital Management and Financial Management applications designed for the world's largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Media Contact Information