Flextronics Completes World's Largest Deployment of a Core HR System in the Cloud
Leading Electronics Manufacturing Services Provider Live on Workday for 200,000 Workers in 25 Countries
PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 9, 2011) - Workday Inc. today announced that Flextronics (
Together with Workday, Flextronics has achieved what many of the world's largest global companies once thought was unattainable: a single system of record for human resources and talent management for hundreds of thousands of employees in more than two dozen countries, supporting multiple country laws, regulations, and languages -- delivered in the cloud. Workday is the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources (HR), payroll and financial management.
- Flextronics, headquartered in Singapore, provides electronics manufacturing services in the automotive, computing, networking industries and more, with annualized sales of almost $30 billion.
- Flextronics has moved human resources data and processes for more than 200,000 workers in 25 countries into one system: Workday.
- As its global system of record, Workday helped Flextronics reduce costs while improving productivity and processes.
- Cost benefits include:
- A significant reduction in annual IT expenditures compared with its previous de-centralized landscape of HR systems.
- Elimination of high costs from maintenance, support, upgrades, integration, and hardware that had been required of on-site HR software previously used by Flextronics.
- Lower personnel costs for the support and administration of HR systems and the development of reports.
- Reduced translation costs because, even as a single system of record, Workday supports 14 languages for Flextronics.
- Total return-on-investment achieved after the first phase of its Workday and HR Shared Services rollouts (U.S. and Canada) and continued savings as rollouts of both continued around the globe.
- Productivity and process improvements include:
- Improved auditing and internal controls with Workday's modern Business Process Framework.
- New insights into the global workforce achieved with actionable analytics, including detailed cost analyses and a deeper understanding of worker profiles across regions, providing a key competitive advantage for Flextronics.
- More rapid and confident talent decisions about where to commission production for various products, using knowledge gleaned from actionable analytics.
- Ability of both line-of-business and HR managers to view workforce data in a variety of reports and formats.
- Dramatically increased manager and employee self-service capabilities, allowing HR professionals to focus on strategic projects rather than administrative tasks.
- HR reports that are easy and fast to create and reflect accurate, up-to-date information.
Comments on the News
"We started Workday six years ago with the plan to be an enterprise SaaS provider that could meet the needs of the world's largest multinational companies," said Dave Duffield, co-CEO and chief customer advocate at Workday. "Not only are we grateful to have a tremendous customer in Flextronics, we also share in its sense of pride and accomplishment upon the completion of its global rollout of Workday."
"The SaaS approach is very much in line with how large companies should be looking at IT: keep things as simple and as low-cost as possible, yet invest in modern technologies that have the flexibility to adapt to your business as it changes," said Dave Smoley, CIO at Flextronics. "We are glad we bet on Workday and are delighted to benefit from the ongoing results of that decision."
"Workday has dramatically improved the productivity of our HR organization," said Debi Hirshlag, vice president of worldwide human resources at Flextronics. "Workday also is providing enhanced tools and insight into our global workforce, allowing us to respond more quickly to new market opportunities."
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 240 customers, spanning mid-sized organizations to Fortune 500 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider focused on delivering complete design, engineering and manufacturing services to automotive, computing, consumer, industrial, infrastructure, medical, clean tech and mobile OEMs. Flextronics helps customers design, build, ship, and service electronics products through a network of facilities in 30 countries on four continents. This global presence provides design and engineering solutions that are combined with core electronics manufacturing and logistics services, and vertically integrated with components technologies, to optimize customer operations by lowering costs and reducing time to market. For more information, please visit www.flextronics.com.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.