Workday Opens Integration Cloud Platform to Customers and Partners
PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 28, 2011) - To reduce cost and complexity typically associated with application integration, Workday, Inc. today announces it has opened the Workday Integration Cloud Platform to customers and partners. Using a proven set of tools, customers and partners can now build, deploy, run, and manage custom integrations for the numerous systems and applications that connect to and from Workday.
The Workday Integration Cloud is already operating at scale, with more than 100,000 integrations executed by customers and partners in the first quarter of 2011 alone. Workday is the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources, payroll, and financial management.
- Workday Integration Cloud Platform. Customers and partners can now use Workday's enterprise-class integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) to build complex, custom integrations to and from Workday and deploy and manage them in the Workday Cloud. Self-service tools include:
- Workday Studio. Workday Studio is a powerful development tool enabling customers and partners to build sophisticated and highly customizable integrations to and from Workday. Aimed at skilled developers, Workday Studio offers a rich, graphical integrated development environment (IDE) in which a user can drag and drop a variety of re-usable components that handle the plumbing aspects of integration building.
- Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB). The Workday EIB tool provides an easy-to-use graphical and guided interface aimed at business users to define inbound and outbound integrations without requiring any programming.
- Growing Ecosystem of Software Partners. Workday continues to deepen partnerships with other application vendors to provide customers an end-to-end solution to meet their business needs. Packaged integrations for Workday Integration Cloud Connect and partner integrations are available for Ceridian, Cornerstone OnDemand, Kronos,NETtime Solutions, Patersons, Plateau, SafeGuard World International, Salesforce.com, StepStone Solutions, Taleo, and Xactly.
- Proven Customer and Partner Success.
- Fairchild Semiconductor selected Workday to simplify and standardize core human resources (HR) business processes for more than 10,000 employees and managers globally. Leveraging the power of the Workday Integration Cloud Platform, Fairchild Semiconductor executed 20 Studio integrations and eight EIBs, effectively deploying Workday HR and Workday Payroll, along with solutions for learning management, recruiting, and time tracking, across 17 countries in less than eight months.
- Accenture, Deloitte, and Towers Watson, three of Workday's global alliances, are now actively investing resources in the Workday Integration Cloud Platform.
- Consulting partners Aggressor, Collaborative Solutions, DayNine Consulting, and OmniPoint today announced their support of the Workday Integration Cloud Platform.
Comments on the News
"Businesses like ours require far more than APIs to simplify and improve enterprise integration. Workday recognizes this and has taken a leadership position by providing customers with critical access to its core technology," said Paul Lones, senior vice president, Information Technology at Fairchild Semiconductor. "Workday's Integration Cloud Platform played a major role in our decision to replace our on-premise system with Workday software-as-a-service. Since Workday opened its platform, we have already successfully built 28 custom integrations to and from Workday, and have the capability to maintain these or create additional integrations as our ecosystem evolves."
"Today's enterprise applications rarely live in isolation. Although integration is fundamental to enterprise and business applications, it is also the greatest deployment challenge for IT," said Aneel Bhusri, Workday co-founder and CEO. "By enabling our customers and partners to self build, deploy, run, and manage integrations in the Workday Cloud, we believe we solve more of the integration problem than any other SaaS application vendor. A key investment area, Workday will continue to reduce the cost and complexity traditionally associated with application integration for our customers."
Workday is the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources, payroll, and financial management, providing new levels of business agility for a fraction of the cost of buying, deploying, and maintaining legacy on-premise systems. More than 190 companies, spanning mid-sized organizations to global Fortune 500 businesses with employees in more than 75 countries, have selected Workday. Workday Human Capital Management and Workday Financial Management use modern, standards-based technologies to provide an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability. For more information about Workday, please visit www.workday.com.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Media Contact Information