Workday Unveils Salesforce Chatter Inside Workday at Dreamforce 2012
Workday to Embed Salesforce Chatter in Its Suite of Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Management Applications Salesforce Chatter Will Be Available to All Workday Users Dreamforce, the World's Largest Vendor Technology Conference, Invites Attendees to Connect With Customers, Partners, and Employees in Entirely New Ways With Social, Mobile, and Cloud Technologies
Workday to Embed Salesforce Chatter in Its Suite of Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Management Applications
Salesforce Chatter Will Be Available to All Workday Users
Dreamforce, the World's Largest Vendor Technology Conference, Invites Attendees to Connect With Customers, Partners, and Employees in Entirely New Ways With Social, Mobile, and Cloud Technologies
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 20, 2012) - Dreamforce Conference Booth #606 -- Workday, Inc., a leader in enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance, today announced its plans to bring Salesforce Chatter, the leading enterprise social network, into Workday's suite of HCM and Financial Management applications, making Chatter available to all Workday users. With Chatter inside, Workday users will benefit from the social networking features of Chatter, such as profiles, feeds, and files, all within their Workday system to realize deeper engagement and contextual collaboration. The combination of Workday and Chatter helps enterprises manage increasingly global, mobile, and social workforces, while also meeting the needs of more complex business environments in the social era.
Comments on the News:
- "Salesforce.com and Workday are the leaders in enterprise cloud computing," said Marc Benioff, chairman and chief executive officer, salesforce.com. "Powering the social layer for Workday's products with Salesforce Chatter will enable Workday's users to connect in entirely new ways."
- "Workday and salesforce.com share the belief that enterprise applications designed and delivered in the cloud, with mobile and social built in from the start, best serve today's business needs," said Aneel Bhusri, chairman, co-founder, and co-CEO, Workday. "Bringing Chatter inside Workday's suite of HR and Finance apps will deliver better workforce engagement and more value to our joint customers."
Today, more than ever, enterprises realize that social must be a key component of their business strategy in order to stay relevant with their employees. Traditional on premise technologies lack this inherent social layer, preventing employees from collaborating and connecting internally and with their customers and partners, to drive greater business results. Accessing and sharing worker data, financial information, and business processes in real-time is critical for companies to better align their workforces toward the right business outcomes.
Embedding Chatter within Workday's suite of HCM and Financial Management applications will provide customers with:
- A seamless, rich, and unified experience between Chatter and Workday;
- A worker system of record that provisions worker data, such as new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations, directly into Chatter;
- Deeper contextual collaboration on key business initiatives and greater access to worker, financial, and relevant business process data;
- A significantly enhanced integration between Salesforce Sales Cloud and Workday Financial Management, resulting in deeper collaboration and alignment between Sales and Finance organizations;
- Availability of Chatter across Workday's enterprise user base; and
- Access to Chatter across Workday's desktop and mobile applications, including smartphones and tablets.
Salesforce Chatter -- Make Any Business Process Social
With more than 170,000 active networks, Salesforce Chatter is the leading enterprise social network. Today, more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500 use Chatter to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways, making it the standard for how businesses collaborate. Part of the Salesforce Platform, Chatter is the only enterprise social network that is completely open, empowering companies to integrate social into every business process and every application with a unified feed.
Dreamforce 2012 is the world's largest vendor technology conference, welcoming more than 90,000 registered attendees to experience the power of the social revolution. With more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group, Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric, Gen. Colin Powell, U.S.A.--ret., Tony Robbins, entrepreneur, author and peak performance strategist and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Dreamforce 2012 offers attendees everything they need to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways.
Basic access to Chatter will be available to all Workday customers. Full service Chatter subscriptions are not included in Workday's suite of applications.
Workday is a leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 325 customers, spanning medium-sized organizations to Fortune 50 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Media Contact Information