Salesforce.com and Workday Join Forces to Bring Workforce Data to Salesforce Chatter and Force.com
Chatter Will Be Available to Workday Users, Making Nearly 2 Million Workers More Collaborative Across the Enterprise Custom Apps With Workday Data Feeds Can Be Built Quickly and Easily on Force.com Dreamforce to Showcase How Businesses Can Tap Into the Power of Social, Mobile and Open Technologies to Become Social Enterprises
Chatter Will Be Available to Workday Users, Making Nearly 2 Million Workers More Collaborative Across the Enterprise
Custom Apps With Workday Data Feeds Can Be Built Quickly and Easily on Force.com
Dreamforce to Showcase How Businesses Can Tap Into the Power of Social, Mobile and Open Technologies to Become Social Enterprises
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 1, 2011) - Salesforce.com Dreamforce Conference Booth #321 -- Cloud computing companies salesforce.com (
Comments on the News:
- "Salesforce.com and Workday are both committed to transforming companies through the power of the social technology," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "It is exciting that customers can now bring the power of social collaboration to workforce data."
- "Workday is excited to work with salesforce.com to deliver seamless interoperability between Chatter and Force.com with our suite of Human Capital Management and Financials applications. We believe that this partnership will deliver great value to our joint customers," said Aneel Bhusri, co-founder and CEO, Workday.
Through the partnership, Workday will deliver:
- Salesforce Chatter and Workday Integration: Workday customers will be able to use Salesforce Chatter to securely share and take action on worker data that resides natively within Workday. This packaged integration pushes traditional Workday business processes, such as approval requests, into a real-time social stream. It also allows real-time enterprise-wide collaboration on topics that cross traditional departmental barriers, such as sales cycles, personnel, payroll, budgeting and spend on company initiatives.
- Custom Force.com App Leveraging Workday Data: Workday customers, partners and developers will be able to securely pull workforce data residing within their Workday application into Force.com to build custom apps.
Pricing and Availability
- The Chatter integration is scheduled to be generally available in late 2011. The Force.com customizable app will be available on the AppExchange, the leading marketplace for business apps on a date to be announced.
Dreamforce 2011 is the cloud computing event of the year and the largest enterprise software conference in the industry. The ninth annual conference now has more than 45,000 people registered to attend. With nearly 500 sessions and 300 cloud companies in the expo, Dreamforce offers the content and educational opportunities that enable attendees to tap into the power of the social enterprise. Workday will be in booth #321 in the Dreamforce Expo.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services include:
- Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
- Salesforce Data.com, for the most complete source of accurate business data
- AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
- Force.com, for custom application development
- Heroku, for building social and mobile customer apps
- Database.com, the world's first enterprise cloud database
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Workday is the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources, payroll, and financial management, providing new levels of business agility for a fraction of the cost of buying, deploying, and maintaining legacy on-premise systems. More than 210 companies, spanning mid-sized organizations to global Fortune 500 businesses with employees in more than 75 countries, have selected Workday. Workday Human Capital Management and Workday Financial Management use modern, standards-based technologies to provide an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability. For more information about Workday, please visit www.workday.com.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Media Contact Information