We implemented Workday almost completely on our own. In the first year, we had some help from the Workday team. We didn't depend on third-party integration partners. We did most of the implementation by ourselves. The result was a savings in the range of 30 percent. We took 80 HR systems and replaced them with one system. I consider it one of the premier accomplishments of my career.
— Dave Smoley, SVP & CIO
- Global reporting was tedious, manual and not always accurate
- Due to many acquisitions, 80 different HR systems existed, which were extremely difficult to manage
- Various locations acted more like independent entities—separate processes and systems that didn't talk to other parts of the company was inefficient
- Workday Human Capital Management, Cloud Connect for Third-Party Payroll
- Single system-of-record for all global employees, making reporting much easier and efficient
- Self-service empowers managers to have an accurate view of their organization, visibility into how much their employees cost, and what their employees are working on
- Subscription-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) delivery offers reduced up-front investment and cost savings, and empowers the IT organization to be agile
- 80 HR systems replaced by a single system
- 30% reduction in total cost of ownership compared to a packaged solution from a traditional vendor
- Freed up HR from transaction-based processes, allowing them to focus on strategic projects to the business and provide data to business leaders to help make data-driven decisions
Download Flextronics Case Study
Headquartered in Singapore, Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider focused on delivering complete design, engineering and manufacturing services to automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile OEMs. A US$33.6 billion company, Flextronics helps customers design, build, ship and service electronics products through a network of facilities in 30 countries on four continents. http://www.flextronics.com/
News & Blogs
Workday Webinar: Human Resource Technology Analyst Bill Kutik to Host Live Discussion with Chiquita Brands International, Flextronics and StoneRiver on "Going Live with Workday HR"